After just over four hours of deliberation, a New York jury has found Loki star Jonathan Majors guilty of reckless assault in the third degree and harassment.
The verdict was reached by a six-person jury as the actor looked on. Family members and his girlfriend, Meagan Good, were also on hand as the verdict was read.
Majos was found not guilty of intentional assault in the third degree and not guilty of aggravated harassment in the second degree. Sentencing is now set for February 6.
How We Got Here
Majors faced four charges of assault and harassment after a March incident involving his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari.
Jabbari testified that she and Majors were driving home to Manhattan on the night in question when she noticed a text message on Majors’ phone that read, “I wish I was kissing you right now.”
After grabbing the phone from Majors’ hands, she alleged that the actor “pulled” and “twisted” her arm to retrieve the device. She also allegedly felt a “hard blow” across her head.
After getting his phone back, Majors ordered the driver to stop the car. When Jabbari tried to follow him out of the vehicle, the actor pushed her back.
“The pain wasn’t registering,” she said. “I was aware there was pain in my body, but I hadn’t registered anything. I’m a dancer. I’ve danced with a broken rib.”
“I was only thinking from my heart of the infidelity. That morning, we were talking about when we were going to get married and the names of our [future] children,” she added.
Majors Called 911 After Finding Jabbari Unresponsive
Jabbari then went to a nightclub with three strangers she met before returning home to the couple’s apartment.
Majors, who spent the night in a hotel, returned to the couple’s home the next morning and found Jabbari unresponsive. The actor called 911.
After initially being hesitant to talk to the police, Jabbari admitted that Majors had assaulted her the night before, and the actor was arrested.
Majors’ Attorneys Said the Actor Was the Victim
Majors and his defense team had argued that Jabbari was the one who assaulted Majors and that the charges against the actor were the result of a scorned ex-girlfriend.
“This entire case is built on Grace’s lies — and, boy, does Grace lie,” Majors’ lawyer Priya Chaudhry told jurors during her closing arguments.
According to Naveed Sarwar, the driver of the vehicle during the alleged assault, Majors was trying to get rid of Jabbari.
Sarwar testified that the actor was “not doing anything; [Jabbari] was doing everything.”
Finally- A Verdict
In the end, the jury found Majors guilty of one misdemeanor charge of assault and a violation (the most minor offense) of harassment. The harassment charge stems from the allegation that Majors threw Jabbari back into the car as she tried to exit.
The charges were brought against Majors by the state of New York, not Jabbari herself. While it remains to be seen if the actor will face jail time, the larger implications will be on the Loki star’s career.
Majors Had Been Dropped By His Manager and PR Firm
Following the news of his arrest, Majors was dropped by his talent manager, Entertainment 360, and his PR firm.
Additionally, the actor was removed as the spokesman for the United States Army and Major League Baseball’s Texas Rangers.
He was also cut from the film The Man in My Basement.
What Will Marel Do?
Now that Majors has been found guilty, all eyes will turn to Marvel. While others were quick to drop the actor following the domestic assault accusations, Marvel refrained from commmetning on the situation.
Instead, the studio moved forward with the release of Loki season 2, which starred the embattled actor.
Majors was set to permeate the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe as different variants of the villain Kang. In fact, a month before his arrest, Majors starred in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania.
Moving forward with Majors no longer seems like a viable option for Marvel, which must rethink its future. While recasting the Kang role would be the easiest fix, sources have suggested that the studio may move away from the Kang storyline altogether.
What About Magazine Dreams?
Finally, there is Magazine Dreams. The upcoming film from Disney-owned Searchlight Pictures was set to star Majors as aspiring bodybuilder Killian Maddox.
The film, which premiered at Sundance earlier this year, was originally set to be released on December 8. In October 2023, however, Disney removed the film from its release schedule. It is now uncertain if the film will ever see the light of day.
As always, continue to check back with MickeyBlog. We will continue to update you on any response that Marvel or Disney has to the Jonathan Majors news.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Diamond level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon! Also, thanks for reading!